Wednesday 12 January 2011

The destiny of your life is fixed by you not by inanimate things (planets)

This is an excerpt taken from APJ Abdul Kalm's Wings of fire
He is an ex president of India, eminent nuclear scientist,Aeuronautical Engineer, a visionary, and a humanitarian.

"Many friends, while asking me questions related sometimes slip into astrology. Quite honestly, I have never really understood the reason behind the great importance attached by people to the faraway planets in our solar system. As an art, I have nothing against astrology, but if it seeks acceptance under the guise of science, I reject it. I do not know how these myths evolved about planets, star constellations, and even satellites—that they can exercise power on human beings. The highly complicated calculations manipulated the precise movements of celestial bodies, to derive highly subjective conclusions appear illogical to me. As I see it, the Earth is the most powerful and energetic planet. As John Milton puts it so beautifully
Paradise Lost, Book VIII:
. . . What if the Sun
Be centre to the World, and other stars. ... .
The planet earth, so steadfast though she seem, In sensibly three different motions move?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home